[Sugar-devel] [support-gang] Sugarizer, a taste of Sugar on any device

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Fri Dec 20 18:03:43 EST 2013

On Dec 20, 2013 10:52 PM, "James Cameron" <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 11:16:26PM +0100, Lionel Laské wrote:
> > It's already packaged as an Android App :-)
> > Click on the "Android App on Google play" to download the .apk file.
>
> Sorry, I didn't see anything with those words that would respond to a
> click.
>
> Good to know you have published it on Google Play, but that requires
> an account, and I'd rather not demand that an account be used by
> learners.

This is a major showstopper for the currently peddled/marketed XO Tablet.

1) the child may not have an account on Google.
2) the child may not be online/have connectivity.
3) The child may not have $2.99 for the Alchemy app (for example).

Note: I did have to enable installation from unknown sources.

cheers,
Sameer