[Sugar-devel] External devices @ development environment

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 19:07:18 EST 2013

I spent some time looking at it but I have not been able to get it to work.
Part of the problem is that gvfs is not installed, which I've now fixed.
You can get that with an "./osbuild pull".

I suspect it will also be necessary to bind mount /run/media. I edited

build/out/sandbox-host/install/lib/python2.7/site-packages/broot/root.py

Adding /run/media to  system_source_paths. I think I also had to create
the  /var/lib/broot/sugar-build-V5jn9/run/media directory.

udiskctl seems happy but gio still doesn't see any device. We probably need
to look at the gvfs daemons logs to see what is going on. Maybe more deps
are missing or more bind mounts are necessary.

On 4 December 2013 12:50, Emil Dudev <emildudev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with external devices (such as a USB). The development
> environment (setup on Fedora, as described here
> http://developer.sugarlabs.org/dev-environment.md.html) seems to not
> recognize when a USB device is connected.
>
> I have tracked the problem to Gio.VolumeMonitor (at least I think that's
> where the problem is).
> All calls to Gio.VolumeMonitor.get().get_mounts() return an empty list.
> Also, no signals seem to be emitted from Gio.VolumeMonitor.get().
> This is where I'm stuck.
>
> Does anyone have a similar problem?
>
> Emil Dudev

Daniel Narvaez