[Sugar-devel] Adding compatibility in webactivity to webkit1

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 13:15:56 EST 2013

On 3 December 2013 15:54, Lionel Laské <lionel at olpc-france.org> wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> May be I miss something but I don't see any compatibility risk on existing
> Web Activity neither need to upgrade the Sugar Web Framework. Right ?

No issue with the current Web activity.

Currently sugar-web doesn't need any change. Though the discussion started
because we was discussing changes that will likely break the webkit1
support.

> Another point to be sure to understand: does the change to webkit1 mean a
> change of the HTML rendering engine and so a risk regarding HTML5
> compatibility of current Web Activity ?

The rendering engine is different because the one in Fedora 18 is older.
Hard to say what is really changed though.