[Sugar-devel] How everyone can help with 0.100

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 06:03:01 EDT 2013

On 17 August 2013 05:21, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Adding in olpc-devel.
>
> On Sat, 2013-08-17 at 03:34 +0200, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
> > This is based on the last sugar-build configuration which supported
> > fedora 18. Note, I'm guessing a lot, you should give it a try before
> > settling on a plan.
> >
> > * webkitgtk
> >

> > which drags in
> >

> > libsoup
> > glib
> > gobject-introspection
> > pygobject
> > dbus-python
> >

> Kind of need to know the exact versions of the above packages, olpc is
> carrying patched versions[1] of a couple of those packages, so we need
> to be careful here. Anybody want to chime in on what patches need to be
> present for the XOs?

I would take versions/specs from the Fedora 19 latest updates and add the
following patches

gobject-introspection:

stringfix2.patch
str.patch
stringfix3.patch

pygobject:

Consolidate-signal-connection-code.patch
Optimize-connection-of-Python-implemented-signals.patch
Optimize-property-get-set-when-using-GObject.props.patch
Optimize-signal-lookup-in-gi-repository.patch
Simplify-registration-of-custom-types.patch

* gwebsockets

> What are its dependencies?

pygobject. If you upgrade the webkitgtk group you will be fine. Even if you
don't, this would probably work, but I haven't tested.