[Sugar-devel] Web activity example that uses html5 canvas

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Mon Apr 29 15:52:59 EDT 2013

Thanks Gonzalo,

2013/4/29 Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org>:
> Great work.
>
> I am interested in identify (and may be track in a wiki page)
> what pieces are missing, because need more work or are not available at all.
> Touch support?
> Text to speech?
> gettext?
> Any other?

My intention was just to research the graphics stuff and provide an
example, as many activities use cairo for it.  I don't pretend to port
whole Clock right now.

For text-to-speech, maybe Sugar could provide an API?

Also Clock has a great feature to display the time in natural
language.  It uses an inference engine.  That will be more work to
port.  Currently it works like this:

import timewriter
w = timewriter.TimeWriter("en")
s = w.write_time(2, 33)
print "It is %s."

prints --> It is thirty-three minutes past two in the morning.

--
.. manuq ..