[Sugar-devel] Chat Activity with translation

Prannoy M m.prannoy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 12:19:41 EDT 2013

Hi Aneesh,
I have looked at a few open source MTs and found that Apertium is the best
in terms of language pairs.
Also we could choose the MT based on the criterion it uses, viz.,
rule-based or example-based or statistical ones.Apertium is a rule-based
translator.Example-based translators give better translations of phrasal
verbs and idioms and fit words with more than 1 meaning into correct
context.
However, regarding the server load, I would want more info about how such
requests are handled, as I don't have much experience with such things.

--
*M.Prannoy*
*

Tel +91-9167649592