[Sugar-devel] Meeting about HTML activities

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 05:48:58 EDT 2013

On 22 April 2013 10:46, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:

> But we should compare the performance of the underlying backends and check
> which technologies can be used for the tasks at hand, e.g. a drawing
> activity like Paint [5], do we need acceleration to get good results for
> drawing curves for example.

In theory, I wouldn't expect an html canvas to be slower than a python
gtk.DrawingArea. In the end the drawing is done by cairo and both have the
bindings overhead.

There are a few layers though and things might go differently in one or the
other. It's certainly something we should profile. It might different
depending on web rendering engine also.