[Sugar-devel] Bidirectional communication javascript -local server

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 09:36:38 EDT 2013

Hi,

I think it could work but out-of-process communication inside the same
process is weird.

With that approach it would probably make more sense to communicate with
telepathy and datastore directly, rather than going through the activity,
perhaps using a websocket <-> dbus proxy like

https://github.com/01org/cloudeebus

(interesting that it's developed by https://01.org/)

On old sugar we could have the activity run the proxy, while in new
versions it could be session wide.

On 19 April 2013 21:10, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> Can we use websockets to bidirectional communication from javascript to a
> local server?
>
> http://tech.pro/tutorial/1167/introduction-to-websockets
>
> Gonzalo

Daniel Narvaez