[Sugar-devel] Abecedarium activity, yet another HTML5 Sugar Activity

lionel at olpc-france.org lionel at olpc-france.org
Thu Apr 18 16:26:41 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I’m proud to announce my latest HTML5 activity for Sugar: Abecedarium.

http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en/sugar/addon/4659

As its name imply, Abecedarium is an abecedary activity to learn its
alphabet using images, sounds and words.

Abecedarium has two parts:

- Learn: To explore the words by letters or by theme (Nature, Body parts,
Things, Concepts),

- Play: Six little games to match pictures/sounds/words with possibility to
filter by letter or by theme,

A third parts (Build) should be add soon. It will allow to build little
stories combining images and sounds from the database.

All words could be seen in upper case, lower case or script.

Abecedarium could be use both in English (about 500 words in the database)
and in French (about 1000 words in the database).

All contents come from the Art4apps library (http://art4apps.org). See
Credits page for more.

Abecedarium should work on XO-4 touch screen (don’t have way to test).

Enjoy and do not hesitate to comment. I planned to deploy it on my incoming
trip to Madagascar!

                Lionel.