[Sugar-devel] Request for ideas regarding Project Sharing Website

Abhiroop Bhatnagar bhatnagarabhiroop at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 07:47:41 EDT 2013

Hello everyone,
I am a BTech student at IIT Kanpur in India. I am interested in
contributing to Sugar. I think GSoC projects can be a good starting point
for me.
Specifically, I am interested in working on the Project Sharing Website.
Apart from the features listed on the GSoC page, I would like suggest some
features from my own side which I think might be helpful:

Searching for people who are using Sugar in nearby areas.
Commenting on shared projects.
Grading of kid submitted projects by teachers.

I would really like to know the community's views on these.

Also, I was wondering whether running Sugar Activities on the website would
contribute to the cause of Sugar or not. I think that is an interesting
idea because then these activities will be able to reach out to a larger
population.

I headed the project www.DekhoShop.com, which involved creating a website
with social networking features between different types of usergroups. I
had worked extensively on Joomla, which is a free and open-source CMS(built
on php and mysql) and had implemented many of the features that this
project requires. Hence, I believe that I will be able to handle this
project very well.

Also, the GSoC ideas page lists MrSteve as the contact person for this
project but the user does not exist on the wiki. I would be really grateful
if someone could help me in this regard. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Abhiroop Bhatnagar