[Sugar-devel] Chromium integration inside the sugar shell (was Re: Kicking off HTML5 activities work)

lionel at olpc-france.org lionel at olpc-france.org
Sun Apr 14 04:48:25 EDT 2013

> I think it would be easier to evaluate if someone wrote down a proposal
for the js API :)

Yes, I’m going to work of that.

In a meantime I’ve drawn a global schema architecture:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/File:SugarWebApp_Architecture.svg

It’s more the “step 1” architecture but it’s easy to adapt for the “step 2”.
BTW, feel free to comment/upgrade.

> Well, it's OS specific, but generally quite hacky. Slightly better than
console-message though :)

> Maybe the iOS approach could work for us. They load a gap_exec url inside
an iframe, when the WebView notices that, it evaluates some kind of
fetchMessage() method and handle the result.
>Or if the iframe thing doesn't work you could poll but ugggh. They are
actually doing that for some version of android, for the opposite direction
though.

Oooch, really ? Very hacky indeed. But yes, we could try the iFrame hack.

>In WebkitGtk2 you can actually get the result of execute_script (though
probably only from C code, you would need to wrap that up in sugar-toolkit
or something).

Nice. But it require WebkitGtk2.

                Lionel.