[Sugar-devel] Hacking on HTML activities UI (was Re: GSoC 13)

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 11:56:46 EDT 2013

On 11 April 2013 16:43, suraj ks <suraj.gillespie at gmail.com> wrote:

> Still showing the same error.
> Please bear with me. This is the first time I'm working with node and volo.

I'm not sure how you installed nodejs but you might need to set NODE_PATH
to point to the node_modules dir where xi-artwork was installed. The error
means the xi-artwork nodejs module was not found.

> But the volo create seems to working fine with the omega-examples.
> It was created without any hassles.

I'm not sure what you mean here. volo create setups a template activity in
a new directory, it shouldn't matter where you run it.

> I'm going through the chrome app page which you suggested.
>
> Do I have to just tweak the "omega-examples" code to make it run on chrome?
> Or do i have to start with creating manifest, background script ,etc
> as mentioned here
>  http://developer.chrome.com/trunk/apps/first_app.html
>  ?

I was suggesting to tweak the omega-examples as a way to get familiar with
the existing code. It's also a useful task because we will need to fix
those at some point. But it's up to you really... When you figured out the
"volo create" stuff you might also want to try to write an example activity
yourself just to see how the current stuff works.

The real task will be to write more UI controls, but you probably need to
understand pretty well what is there already before starting with that.

Good luck with your exam :)