[Sugar-devel] Kicking off HTML5 activities work

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Wed Apr 10 11:24:16 EDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> something else we need to think about is how do we deal with chromium
> "distribution".
>
> * We are likely going to apply patches. Hopefully we will be able to
> upstream them but it might take time.
> * We probably want to be on the bleeding edge while developing. Though
> downloading chromium git is almost 10G and building takes a while.

We _really_ need modify chromiun?.

> * Chromium doesn't seem to be in Fedora yet (
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Chromium).
>
> And a more general question, which might not seem immediately relevant but
> I think it's somewhat related and has been floating in my head for a while
>
> * What are we really gaining by supporting multiple linux distributions?

Access to more users and developers? I don't know how is the situation in
other countries,
but here there are much more developers using ubuntu than fedora. When we
want invite developers
to work usually propose use a vm, but should be better if that is not
needed.
Is this what you are asking?
In a ideal world, we should be able to provide emulation of the services
provided by sugar to web activities,
as the journal, launcher & collab to other platforms too, right?

Gonzalo