[Sugar-devel] [GSoC 2013] Interested in "Implement help mechanism for activities using Mallard"

Kalpa Welivitigoda callkalpa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 01:12:19 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I am interested in the GSoC project idea "Implement help mechanism for
activities using Mallar" which is mentored by Walter. The idea in my mind
is that developers have to have a Mallard file with the help for their
activity. And a tool should be developed to extract strings from those
Mallard files and upload them at translate.sugarlabs.org so that
translators can translate those help files. Those strings to be translated,

1) can be listed in a separate section for example "Help Files"
or
2) can be listed under translations of the same activity

Chris may have a better idea on what method to follow. But I feel that with
option 1 may get a separate group of people who are willing to translate
help files rather than focusing on individual activity help files. That way
I feel that there would be a set of new contributors in terms of
translation.

This is what I have in mind for the moment and comments are most welcome.

--
Best Regards,

Kalpa Welivitigoda
Junior Treasurer | Electrical Engineering Society
Undergraduate | Department of Electrical Engineering
University of Moratuwa
Sri Lanka
http://about.me/callkalpa