[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Journal Details view - Re: Sugar 0.100 status report - April 2

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Tue Apr 2 19:43:45 EDT 2013

Hey Gary,

2013/4/2 Gary Martin <garycmartin at googlemail.com>:
> On 2 Apr 2013, at 23:59, Manuel Quiñones <manuq at laptop.org> wrote:
>
>> Some UI feedback for the recently added comment box:
>>
>> 2013/4/2 Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>:
>>> 5. Walter Bender landed several patches to add a comment box to journal
>>> entries. It will be populated both by the Portfolio activity and by the web
>>> services integration which is being worked on. The obligatory screenshot
>>>
>>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/images/4/4a/FB-comments.png
>>
>> Great!  I think it is better to have the header of the box like the
>> others, as a label outside the box, followed by a colon.
>
> +1
>
>> On the same page, why not change the tags text box to a one line
>> entry?  That will favour vertical space for the comments.
>
> Also worth considering auto folding of empty fields (perhaps down to '(+) add Description/Tags/Comment' one liners for each empty field type?). FWIW: One of the GSOC projects listed [1] already proposes removing the Details view screen and integrating its content, inline, with the Journal so that it keeps context (+1 from me!).

Thanks for your feedback.  Yes I also like very much the idea of a
Journal with the face look of the "Unified Journal View" proposal,
with the preview and details arranged in the scroll view.  We'll have
the opportunity to do that in html5, not for this cycle, I think.  In
case it gets selected for GSOC, I would urge the usage of html5 (as a
new Journal activity) instead of hacking the current Journal.

Cheers,

--
.. manuq ..