[Sugar-devel] Write bundled with Sugar 0.97.8 fails to start and tells "Could not find any typelib for abi"

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Wed Oct 31 10:10:56 EDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know it's not Write. But Write has an undocumented dependency on a
> certain Abiword version plus not yet up streamed patches.That's very
> developer unfriendly. How am I'm supposed to pull the sources and get it to
> work? That normally doesn't require subscribing to a mailing list and
> asking.
>
> Activities has an implicit dependency on the sugar platform. But we don't
> have any good definition of what that platform is. I'm going to write  a
> separate proposal about that, but, until the problem is solved, I think
> documenting the Abiword dependency in Write is much better than nothing.

I agree. Just we are doing changes _right_now_ and with a lot of work to do
in a fixed schedule.
If anybody is interested in help solving bugs, I will be the first in help
him,
but sadly, nobody asked...

> About the branch. According to
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/GTK3/Porting#GIT_conventions
>
> "We've agreed that the GTK3 version should be in the master branch on
> gitorious.sugarlabs.org. The GTK2 version should be in a branch called
> gtk2."
>

> Is that changed? Otherwise can we please keep as much consistency as
> possible? It's a bit of pain to find the branch you want for activities
> right now.

I don't know why Walter added that, when we have a previously agreed
convention in the same page:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/GTK3/Porting#Preparation

You know "standards are so good, than everybody want own one" :)

Gonzalo