[Sugar-devel] Write bundled with Sugar 0.97.8 fails to start and tells "Could not find any typelib for abi"

Coltivare Fiori coltivarefiori at connettivo.net
Mon Oct 22 17:55:17 EDT 2012

On 22/10/2012 02:31, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
>     Just for the record, on my i386, my rpmbuild --rebuild
>     abiword-2.9.3-1.git20121011.fc18.olpc2.src.rpm failed telling me
>     "./.libs/libabiword-2.9.so <http://libabiword-2.9.so>: undefined
>     reference to '__atomic_fetch_add_4'".
>
>     I didn't expect my compilation to go *that* far anyway, so I'm very
>     happy :-)) You Sugar developers compile on the OLPC itself, don't you?
>

> We use fedora infrastructure to compile the rpms.

I guess that "Fedora Infrastructure" is something like "Debian
Unstable", so you mean that you compile against the latest packages.

I guess also that I can rebuild from the same sources the binaries made
for ARM architecture for my i386, and if the Sugar Developers don't
compile on the OLPC themselves, I guess that a number of them may be
cross-compiling on i686 machines.

Now, I guess that my next step would be changing the repositories
feeding my copy of Fedora 17, so to upgrade some packages to their
Fedora Infrastructure version, and then attempt rebuilding again...

Ernesto