[Sugar-devel] Purpose for Help Activity

S. Daniel Francis francis at sugarlabs.org
Tue Oct 16 11:27:27 EDT 2012

2012/10/16 Tony Anderson <tony_anderson at usa.net>:
> Hi,
>
> What is the purpose of help? In Windows, help is a method to find out how to
> accomplish a particular task using an application. It is not a means to
> learn how to use the computer or Windows.
This is a manual, when the XOs got my school, they came with a little
manual. That's not the same help as the short documentation available
on typical desktops.

> The Help activity is a specialized reader for the Floss (pdf) manuals.
> Unfortunately, the text in the Floss manuals was written for experienced
> computer users who were new to the XO and the Sugar.
I don't feel as the appropiated pearson for give my viewpoint for
that. But, looking at the end product, it looks very well redacted and
explains very well what the children need to keep in mind when using
an XO.