[Sugar-devel] Purpose for Help Activity

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 16 11:18:53 EDT 2012

Hi Tony,

On 16 Oct 2012, at 15:47, Tony Anderson <tony_anderson at usa.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The ShowNTell activity provides both slide show and sound capability. The slides are images at present.

Hmmm, seems like some amount of overlapping activity effort and target use cases going on. You might like to also take a quick look at Portfolio [1] (already part of the default OLPC builds), and Bulletin Board [2] (more aimed at documenting the work group projects, and has some support for audio recording and playback). Though I think the Welcome activity still has somewhat separate goals from ShowNTell/Portfolio/Bulletin Board (e.g. first time user introduction to Sugar and XO).

> Slide shows based on screenshots are easy to create.

FWIW: Most screenshots are a pain for translation/localisation (UI text), it pretty much ties down any content generated to one locale.

Regards,
--Gary

[1] http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4437
[2] http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4588