[Sugar-devel] Developing HTML 5 apps for Sugar

RJV jv.ravichandran at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 15:01:04 EDT 2012

Thanks, Chris for the link. I read through Lionel's post and found this a
little out of place.

>> Plus, I didn't want using a HTTP Server integrated into the activity
like in the Wikipedia activity.

There is no need for a HTTP server when running a HTML 5 app plus the
browser is the executing environment and there can be no losing out on any
advantage offered by Sugar. It is an overhead to make a HTML 5 into an
activity, I thought, no?

Regards,

Jv

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 8:58 AM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 11:56 PM, RJV <jv.ravichandran at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Read this on developing HTML 5 apps -  http://tinyurl.com/9dc48lz
> >>
> >> I have a Hangman game using HTML 5/JS (the code is not very
> professional as
> >> I had developed the game for "fun to share with friends" purposes only.)
> >>
> >> My question is, since HTML 5 is browser based, can we modify this game
> for
> >> the XO and if yes, what needs to be done?
> >
> > Lionel spelled out what needs to be done quite clearly. Why not give it
> a try?
>
> Lionel's post may have happened before you joined the list
>
> see
>
> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2012-August/039277.html
>
> and continuation of that thread in September as well.

Ravichandran Jv
http://ravichandranjv.blogspot.com