[Sugar-devel] translate.sugarlabs.org unbearably slow

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 16:15:39 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Bastien <bzg at laptop.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to help with the translation but the server is very slow,
> if not completely unresponsive sometimes.
>
> Is it just me?
>
> Anything that can be done to improve the situation?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
>  Bastien

Several steps are being taken to improve the situation with Pootle slowness.

1) Sugar Labs bought new hardware.  I think it is racked, but I'm not
sure if it has been brought online yet.  When it is, it will be
hosting a new VM for Pootle (among other things).

2) Our Pootle instance is currently running an old version of the
software (Pootle 2.0.5, Translate Toolkit 1.7.0).  One hopes that
upgrading will resolve some issues (including our broken suggestion
processing issue).

Some work was done by Danishka Navin on creating a new VM with newer
software versions, I need to poke him about moving this forward.  If
he is not available, I'll need to shanghai someone else to do some
sys-adminning on this new VM.

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator