[Sugar-devel] [VERY FRUSTRATING] sugar-build requires reboot of the laptop

Ajay Garg ajay at activitycentral.com
Thu Oct 11 09:46:34 EDT 2012

Hi Daniel.

I belive the only way to exit a sugar-build, is by clicking on "Logout" on
the User-XO-Palette popup. (Alt-Tab does not work, at least in Fdora-17).

Very (yes, VERY) often, the laptop just hangs, without killing the shell.
The only way to resume is to reboot -- surely very frustratibg during
development stage (and generally so I guess).

So,

a)
Is there a way to NOT run sugar-build in fullscreen? If yes, then we could
simply kill the process by clicking on "x" icon in the process window of
sugar-build.
Note that, I already tried looking in "~/sugar-build/scripts" folder, but
did not find anything to solve the issue.

OR

b)
Is there a way to switch to some other window (using Alt+Tab)? If yes, then
we could simply kill the process by clicking on "x" icon in the process
window of sugar-build.

Will be grateful for any help.

Regards,

Ajay Garg