[Sugar-devel] Cooperation with Telepathy-salut on Intel Classmate 2009 (was "Re: Hello to everybody!")

Coltivare Fiori coltivarefiori at connettivo.net
Wed Oct 10 08:31:18 EDT 2012

On 09/10/2012 23:59, Jerry Vonau wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-10-09 at 23:34 +0200, Coltivare Fiori wrote:

>>> Yes, it looks like a epoch time. :-))
>>>

>> Checking the timing, I have precisely at the time of connection the said
>> warning
>>
>> 	WARNING: telepathy.client.interfacefactory: Exception from asynchronous
>> method call: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method
>> "GetStatus" with signature "" on interface
>> "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Connection" doesn't exist
>>
>> and then
>>
>> DEBUG root: _Account.__got_connection_error_cb
>> dbus.String(u'org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Error.NotAvailable',
>> variant_level=1)
>>
>> Although following
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/BugSquad/Telepathy_Debugging and having a
>> file /home/mine/.sugar/debug uncommenting the lines
>>
>> 	export SALUT_DEBUG=all
>> 	export SALUT_LOGFILE=$HOME/.sugar/default/logs/telepathy-salut.log
>> 	export SUGAR_LOGGER_LEVEL=debug
>>

> There are other lines in debug un-comment those ones also to get a clear
> picture of the issue.

Now I did so but to no avail, I cannot see the expected logfiles show up
in the Log activity.

BTW I confirm the logs:

	WARNING: telepathy.client.interfacefactory: Exception from asynchronous
method call: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method
"GetStatus" with signature "" on interface
"org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Connection" doesn't exist

	DEBUG root: _Account.__got_connection_error_cb
dbus.String(u'org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Error.NotAvailable',
variant_level=1)

I have no S/N, Firmware is HP94510A.86A.0035.2009.0427.2020 and Wireless
Firmware is 0.29.

>> and rebooting and reattempting the connection, I cannot see any file
>> $HOME/.sugar/default/logs/telepathy-salut.log.
>>
>> What could I do next?
>>
>> Thanks for any hint
>>
>> Ernesto
>
> This is SoaS running on the classmate?
>
> Jerry

This is a Fedora+Sugar installed on the Classmate from a SoaS, using its
anaconda installer as per
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Tutorials/Installation/Install_with_liveinst.

The other Sugar in my setup is NOT a clone of the first.

What could I try next?

Can I test telepathy-salut using telnet?

TIA

Ernesto