[Sugar-devel] Cooperation with Telepathy-salut on Intel Classmate 2009 (was "Re: Hello to everybody!")

Coltivare Fiori coltivarefiori at connettivo.net
Tue Oct 9 17:34:14 EDT 2012

On 09/10/2012 23:12, Coltivare Fiori wrote:
> On 09/10/2012 23:07, Coltivare Fiori wrote:
>> On 09/10/2012 22:43, Walter Bender wrote:
>>> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 4:36 PM, Coltivare Fiori
>>> <coltivarefiori at connettivo.net> wrote:
>>

>>> It should work.
>>>
>>> -walter
>>>

>> I notice in the shell.log a warning
>>
>> 'WARNING: telepathy.client.interfacefactory: Exception from asynchronous
>> method call: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method
>> "GetStatus" with signature "" on interface
>> "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Connection" doesn't exist'
>>
>> and there are quite a number of lines containing the string "salut"
>> but I feel uncomfortable in reading the logs because I can't see times.
>> What is this sequence of numbers at the beginning of every line? Is it a
>> time?
>
> Yes, it looks like a epoch time. :-))

Checking the timing, I have precisely at the time of connection the said
warning

	WARNING: telepathy.client.interfacefactory: Exception from asynchronous
method call: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method
"GetStatus" with signature "" on interface
"org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Connection" doesn't exist

and then

DEBUG root: _Account.__got_connection_error_cb
dbus.String(u'org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Error.NotAvailable',
variant_level=1)

Although following
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/BugSquad/Telepathy_Debugging and having a
file /home/mine/.sugar/debug uncommenting the lines

	export SALUT_DEBUG=all
	export SALUT_LOGFILE=$HOME/.sugar/default/logs/telepathy-salut.log
	export SUGAR_LOGGER_LEVEL=debug

and rebooting and reattempting the connection, I cannot see any file
$HOME/.sugar/default/logs/telepathy-salut.log.

What could I do next?

Thanks for any hint

Ernesto