[Sugar-devel] Hello to everybody!

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Tue Oct 9 15:31:20 EDT 2012

FWIW, I have an Intel Classmate Go2PC, and the SoaS sticks I've made, via
Live USB Creator (on Windows XP), have all worked fine.

I recommend Live USB Creator 3.9.3 for recent builds of SoaS, as it does not
hang at the SysLinux screen. (V 3.11.7 also does reasonably well: a single
press of Enter gets you out beyond SysLinux if there is a hang.)

I've tested through Sugar 0.96 (Fedora 17); all works correctly on the
Classmate. The latest nightly builds based on Fedora 18 do *not* boot
correctly (though they seem to install correctly to a 4GB USB stick), so
I've no ready way to test Sugar 0.98.

I do think it wise (possibly required?) to use a USB stick > 1GB.

Art Hunkins