[Sugar-devel] GStreamer 1.0.0 has been released

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 09:51:28 EDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
> On 10/03/2012 02:59 PM, Walter Bender wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> in case not everybody has been aware of this, GStreamer 1.0.0 has now
>>> been
>>> officially released [1], and it has been picked up in Fedora [2].
>>

>> Will is be part of the official F18 release?
>

> It has been build for F18. I am quite sure it will be included. Peter will
> be able to give the official underline to my statement...

Yes it will be part of the official F-18 release. It's a dependency
requirement for gnome 3.6 (and sugar 0.98 due to the requirement for
gobject-introspection).

Ultimately I'm sure we'd like to drop 0.10 if at all possible just so
we don't need to ship two copies and any of the deps that go with it.

Peter