[Sugar-devel] sugar-build "make build-sugar-artwork" and quad-core compilation

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 13:06:48 EST 2012

On 26 November 2012 17:41, Manuel Kaufmann <humitos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sometime ago I used to run:
>
>   make build-sugar-artwork
>
> to just re-compile sugar-artwork. Nowadays that is not more possible.
> Any clue here?

Hey,

can you explain how you are using it exactly? I didn't readd it when I
rewrote things because I was not very clear on the use case (I
normally just make; make install stuff inside a shell).

> Another issue is that I was able to set "-j 8" to make and use more
> than one CPU to compile all sources. Is there any way to do that in
> the current sugar-build implementation?

That's supposed to just work

grep "make -j 8" logs/build-20121126-153309.log | wc -l
19

If it doesn't work for you, can you see what this gives:

python -c "import multiprocessing; print multiprocessing.cpu_count()"