[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Sugar Digest 2012-11-25

Daniel Francis francis at sugarlabs.org
Sun Nov 25 20:34:56 EST 2012

On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 19:43:35 -0500
Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> 3. Daniel Narvaez has made a number of improvements to sugar-build
> [5], which has by-and-large replaced sugar-jhbuild as the preferred
> development environment for Fedora and Ubuntu.

Congratulations to Daniel Narvaez, who does this very important work. Specially where jhbuild stops to work properly always.

Something I don't like completely is that people can contribute to Sugar only from Ubuntu or Fedora, but knowing that jhbuild stopped working in Ubuntu and Debian, it's a terrific improvement.
A new important step would be support other up-to-date GNU/Linux distros souch as Debian Testing, ArchLinux, Gentoo, et al. But that should come from the Sugar contributors who use those other distros.

Cheers,
Daniel.