[Sugar-devel] Binary snapshots of the very latest sugar

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 04:13:34 EST 2012

Hello,

the buildbot is now uploading binary snapshots for every build it
does. It should be a pretty good environment if you want to test the
very latest sugar, or develop activities on it. Of course it takes a
lot less time then building from sources. Snapshots for Ubuntu 12.10
are around 10 MB, for Fedora 17 around 30 MB.

It's easy to get them to run (planning to add informations about this
to the docs)

1 Download a tarball for your distribution (don't even try on other
distributions, I guarantee that it won't work)

http://sugarlabs.org/~dnarvaez/snapshots

2 Unpack it somewhere and start the run-sugar.sh script. (The first
time it will install all the required dependencies).

If you want to develop activities, you should be running the setup.py
commands inside a "special" shell, which you can start with
run-shell.sh.

This is supposed to work out of the box, if you encounter any issue
please let me know. It's only tested by me so far, I expect it will
require some tweaks.

--
Daniel Narvaez