[Sugar-devel] [TRANSIENT ISSUE] 3G-Modem not being recognised

Ajay Garg ajay at activitycentral.com
Sat Nov 24 00:25:36 EST 2012

Hi all.

*
I tested on XO-1.75 with os14; the frame appeared fine (booting-up with the
USB-flash drive, and USB-modem inserted) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*
Pulling off my hair, I re-tested on XO-1.75 with os11 (booting-up with the
USB-flash drive, and USB-modem inserted) ; thankfully, the frame-icon did
not appear (as before).

*
I then tested on XO-1.75 with the os12 (booting up with the USB-flash
drive, and USB-modem inserted); the frame-icon appeared FINE here too.

I compared the packages-difference between os11 and os12; os12 has an
updated version of usb_modeswitch and usb_modeswitch_data. Also, in os12,
there is no more the error

usb_modeswitch_dispatcher: *** glibc detected ***
usb_modeswitch_dispatcher: double free or corruption (!prev):
0x00081fe0 ***

that was happening in os11 (in the culprit case, that is).

So, bad news   : Things are happening without us  knowing the root-cause :-\
     good news  : Seems like http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/12340 can  be
closed :D

Thanks everyone for the help (especially James).