[Sugar-devel] [TRANSIENT ISSUE] 3G-Modem not being recognised

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Nov 23 23:58:22 EST 2012

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 10:14:41AM +0530, RJV wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> >> I agree that the frame icon for the modem may not be present if power
> managament was enabled,
>
> The frame does work with the Power Management option unchecked. What does "the
> frame icon for the modem" mean?

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/3G_Support
"An icon will be added to the frame when a modem is connected, and the
user will be able to connect and disconnect from there."

Also known as the "GSM device palette".
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/3G_Support/Share

Since these mockups the icon has changed to a symbol for a mobile
telephone.

The palette has not changed much, if at all.