[Sugar-devel] [sugar-build] "ImportError: could not import gobject" fixed

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 12:54:10 EST 2012

Hello,

I think a few people have been seeing this error when running sugar-build

ImportError: could not import gobject (error was: ImportError('When
using gi.repository you must not import static modules like "gobject".
Please change all occurrences of "import gobject" to "from
gi.repository import GObject".',))

This is now fixed, it was a recent regression introduced by the
"rewrite". I had never seen it because it happens only if you have
sugar installed in the system and I don't.

Thanks a lot to Gonzalo for pointing out where the problem was.

--
Daniel Narvaez