[Sugar-devel] [TRANSIENT ISSUE] 3G-Modem not being recognised

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Fri Nov 23 02:08:26 EST 2012

I repeated these tests
XO-1.75 and XO-4
OS14
Huawei E160E modem
Imation 8GB memory stick

I was unable to replicate the fault described by Ajay, the modem appeared in the frame, both plugged in after boot and before boot

but for both laptops

In the first test, memory stick and modem plugged in after boot, the frame never got past displaying connecting, even though I could browse the net ok

In the second test, memory stick and modem plugged in before boot, I got to the connected display in the frame but the upload and download kB counters never updated past 0 even though I was browsing, the connected time did update ok.

I did not try without the memory stick.

Tony