[Sugar-devel] [TRANSIENT ISSUE] 3G-Modem not being recognised

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Nov 21 02:40:10 EST 2012

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 06:29:42PM +1100, Jerry Vonau wrote:
> Yawn, yup boring unless a sponsor of your deployment is a 3G service
> provider, then it becomes a major 'has to work out of the box' from
> a business point of view.

Perhaps this service provider can provide technical support?

> If it's as simple as adding a single entry to powerd's usb-inhibits
> file like how 'hid' is treated then why has this not been done?

My guess is priorities are elsewhere in the stack at the moment, and
we have very few deployments demanding this be fixed.

> I don't think having an end-user with no experience with USB IDs add
> an entry to the usb-inhibits file, or having to remember to turn off
> a major feature is the correct long term solution IMHO.

Certainly not.  I didn't think you or Ajay were end-users though.  My
advice to end-users would be to wait for the problem to be fixed, or
ask their deployment technical people to turn off the major feature
permanently, or build a fix.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/