[Sugar-devel] Opening a web page from another Activity/application

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Mon Nov 12 16:39:17 EST 2012

Hi Daniel,
Opening the Browse activity with a link has been discussed a few times
before,
and is a particular case of opening one activity from another,
like opening Read with a pdf or Jukebox with a media file.
Probably we need agree in a general solution, and not add little hacks.
Right now, probably a good option is add a webkit viewer to the qr activity.
Do you want show a simple page or more complex functionalities?
Another ugly hack can be do what wikipedia activity is doing,
import the classes from Browse activity and inherit from it.

Gonzalo