[Sugar-devel] Want to install sugar jh-build, but seems that Ubuntu can't host it.

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 07:56:35 EST 2012

Hi,

I don't know about sugar-jhbuild but sugar-build supports Ubuntu 12.10.

git clone git://git.sugarlabs.org/~dnarvaez/sugar-build/gnome-3-6.git
sugar-build
cd sugar-build
make build
[wait ~10 minutes]
make run

(see the README for other useful commands)

Note that support for 12.10 was added very recently so there are
surely issues. If you give it a try please report them (see the
README) and I will get them fixed.

On 6 November 2012 13:46, laurent bernabe <laurent.bernabe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>

> I would like to installl sugar jhbuild on Ubuntu 12.10 64 bits, but when I
> go to Ubuntu page of its wiki
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Jhbuild/Ubuntu, it says that
> it is unsupported (because of python-xpcom lack).
>
> But just below, there are instructions to install it.
>
> Have I missed something or it is a way to bypass the problem ?
>

> Thanks in advance :)
>
> Laurent Bernabé
>
> Programmer Just By Hobby.

Daniel Narvaez