[Sugar-devel] Set accelerator in gtk.ToggleToolButton

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Thu May 31 09:42:13 EDT 2012

Hi Manuel,

On 30 May 2012, at 17:40, Manuel Kaufmann wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I'm reviewing my list of tickets from Trac and I found this one:
>
> * http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/789
>
> It's about adding accelerator key bindings to the GTK buttons so they
> are shown in the tooltip. The problem is that I didn't find a way to
> do that using gtk.ToggleToolButton (this class doesn't have this
> property: props.accelerator
>
> How I should do this?

Not that this helps much ;-) but I think I hit this a while ago in the Physics Activity. I needed a simulation Play/Stop toggle button with a keyboard accelerator, after struggling a while I ended up cheating and set-up a ToolButton to behave a little like the toggle I needed (I wanted two different icons for play and stop so I didn't need to solve loosing the visual on/off background fill theme):

	http://git.sugarlabs.org/physics/mainline/blobs/master/activity.py#line134

Regards,
--Gary