[Sugar-devel] Etoys in RC4 SoaS-v7 does not start when jabber is connected. ( f17 release is imminent )

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Thu May 24 11:56:24 EDT 2012

I have been testing the RC4 f17 release of SoaS [1] and I see a problem
with e-toys:
If jabber.sugarlabs.org  is connected via a wireless AP, or wired
network, e-toys will not start:

   DBusError: Process /usr/bin/sugar-presence-service exited with status 1

Etoys runs fine if wireless is not logged in and/or wired network is not
connected. (no jabber connected)

As Etoys is a favorite on the f3 ring and f17 release is imminent, I
feel that this is an important bug to look at.

Sugar on a Stick 7 (Quandong)
Fedora release 17 (beefy Miracle)
0.96.1

Tom Gilliard
satellit_

tested with dd usb and liveinst HD install

[1]
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/17.RC4/Spins/x86_64/Fedora-17-x86_64-Live-SoaS.iso