[Sugar-devel] Wanting to know a bit of (NetworkManager) workflow upon resume-from-suspend

Ajay Garg ajay at activitycentral.com
Wed May 23 07:51:17 EDT 2012

Hi all.

Here is the latest update.

We got the following two patches tested by Ceibal ::

a)
0001-TEST-See-if-this-works-for-the-mesh-issue-on-signed-.patch

This patch, adds "/etc/modprobe.d/libertas.conf" to the initramfs image
(unarchiving, adding and archiving during OOB stage).
Unfortunately, this does not seem to work.

We could debug it more, but I fear that that would inevitably mean
modifying the initramfs a fair bit. Since, we are talking at the kernel
level, modifying initramfs even a bit too much, would require exponential
more testing.

Lucking, we have a simple, clean, understood and guaranteed-to-work
solution.

b)
0001-olpc-configure-Reloading-libertas-and-dependent-usb8.patch

(As already stated in earlier mails) This patch reloads the libertas (and
the dependent usb8xxx driver) during intial boot, which mounts the
secondary-storage-based-filesystem. This time, the rules from
/etc/modprobe.d/* are read, and the mesh is appropriately disabled via the
"libertas_disablemesh" KLM parameter.

So, it would be good if this is included upstream.

For brevity, I am re-attaching the two patches.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay