[Sugar-devel] Call for testing and feedback: alternative Journal implementation

Christophe Guéret c.d.m.gueret at vu.nl
Sat May 12 03:03:28 EDT 2012

> In other words triple storage doesn't provide full text search?

Looking for text matching a given regular expression is part of the SPARQL
recommendation, the query language for triple store. So all the triple
stores should implement at least that. There are also some, like OWLIM and
Virtuoso, that have more advanced full text search functionalities that go
beyond what the recommendation asks.
The one I currently use is called "RedStore", I didn't try the text search
with it yet but will do it soon.

> And the right way is using triple storage (for semantic search) and
> Xapian (for full text search)?

Normally not. The triple store stores and indexes all the triples that are
sent to him. Then it is possible to retrieve back the triples with a query
language (SPARQL) as expressive as those found for data bases (e.g. SQL).

Christophe