[Sugar-devel] Call for testing and feedback: alternative Journal implementation

Christophe Guéret c.d.m.gueret at vu.nl
Wed May 9 16:38:45 EDT 2012

> So:
>
> Wrote,IsActionOF,Write
>
> is a description?

Normally, that would be more something like:
document,hasAuthor,author
document,hasTitle,"blah"
This describes "document" and connect it to "author", which would in turn
be described by:
author,firstName,"blah"
author,lastName,"blah"

What you typed follows this triple pattern of a subject/property/object but
does not connect descriptions of things. Still, this could be stored in the
triple store if needed.

Or are these 3 descriptions linked together?

That could be. A triple connects up to three descriptions. If I say:
document,hasAuthor,author
It is possible to associate a description to these three elements. The data
base becomes then self-describing as even the relations can be described
using the same system.

> Hope you indulge my curiosity, this is interesting :)

No worries, thanks for your interest :)

Christophe