[Sugar-devel] Installing sugar-jhbuild in F17

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Mon May 7 06:19:07 EDT 2012

Hi Ajay,

I didn't saw this error, and didn't installed any sugar package from the
distro.
Later installed sugar and sugar-emulator, without changes.

> Then, I tried "sudo yum install sugar-emulator", and then launching the
> system-wide binary "sugar-emulatory", it worked.
>

> So, two queries ::
>

> a)
> Is the above expected?
> Would the fact that I am using VirtualBox, and a guest image, makes any
> diffeerence?

I don't know.

> b)
> When I launched system-wide sugar-emulator, I could not see any
> wifi-icons/adhoc-network-icons in the neighborhood-view (only buddies,
> logged onto "jabber.sugarlabs.org"). In my VBox settings, I have already
> set "Network" settings to "Bridged Adapter" -> "wlan0" (which happens to be
> the wireless device on F14 host machine).
> So, is this again due to the fact that I am using VirtualBox?

I don't know any network icon when my computer is connected by wire, only
when I start wifi, then, may be the device need be named "wlan0" to be used.

Gonzalo