[Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Release Clock-8

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Sat May 5 17:30:27 EDT 2012

Hi Peter,

On 5 May 2012, at 16:51, Peter Robinson wrote:

> On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 4:43 PM, Sugar Labs Activities
> <activities at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>> Activity Homepage:
>> http://activities.sugarlabs.org/addon/4191
>>
>> Sugar Platform:
>> 0.82 - 0.96
>>
>> Download Now:
>> http://activities.sugarlabs.org/downloads/file/28023/clock-8.xo
>>
>> Release notes:
>> - Updated to latest available translations
>> - Improved speaking clock reliability by using gstreamer espeak plugin, with a fallback mode for the espeak command on older Sugar builds (SL#3453)
>> - Refactored 'nice clock' image to improve performance
>> - Fixed bug where clock could draw partly off the screen (SL#3394)
>
> Can we have a tar file release please?

Yes it's there, usual place, uploaded at same time :)

	http://download.sugarlabs.org/sources/honey/Clock/Clock-8.tar.bz2

The automated ASLO email doesn't provide a link to the source tar, here's a copy of the [Release] email I send to the sugar-dev list in case you didn't catch it yet:

8< ----  8< ----  8< ----  8< ----  8< ----  8< ----  8< ----  8< ----  8< ----  8< ----  8< ----  8< ----

> == Bundle ==
>
> http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/downloads/file/28023/clock-8.xo
>
> == Source ==
>
> http://download.sugarlabs.org/sources/honey/Clock/Clock-8.tar.bz2
>
> == News ==
>
> - Updated to latest available translations
> - Improved speaking clock reliability by using gstreamer espeak plugin, with a fallback mode for the espeak command on older Sugar builds (SL#3453)
> - Refactored 'nice clock' image to improve performance
> - Fixed bug where clock could draw partly off the screen (SL#3394)
>
> == Note ==
>
> Testing in 12.1.0 build 8 there appears to be something amiss with activity translations. Clock-8 is not finding it's translations an so defaults to the spoken text "What Time Is It", the previous version Clock-7 also had the same issue. Installing Clock-8 on 11.3.1 or on a very old build 802 accesses the translations correctly.
>
> P.S. Unrelated to the above issue, gettext is missing from build 8, this will prevent activity developers using XO's to work with localised bundles (./setup.py build shows a spurious, unhelpful error message) unless they manually sudo yum install -y gettext (pulls in about ~5Mb).

Regards,
--Gary