[Sugar-devel] Wanting to know a bit of (NetworkManager) workflow upon resume-from-suspend

Ajay Garg ajaygargnsit at gmail.com
Thu May 3 01:28:42 EDT 2012

Paul, here are the test results ::

== USE-CASE 1 ==

a)
Created file '/etc/modprobe.d/libertas.conf'.

b)
Ensured that '/etc/modprobe.d/libertas.conf' contained only the
following line ::

              options libertas libertas_disablemesh=1

c)
Ensured that there is no "echo 0 > "/sys/class/net/eth0/lbs_mesh"
script, anywhere on the XO-1.
This also meant, that there was no '/etc/powerd/postresume.d/disable_mesh.sh'.

d)
Rebooted.

e)
Wifi icons were visible in Neighborhood-View, but no mesh-icons were visible.

f)
Upon resume-from-suspend, wifi icons were visible in
Neighborhood-View, but no mesh-icons were visible.

g)
Observations e) and f) were observed, _every single time_.

== USE-CASE 2 ==

a)
Created file '/etc/modprobe.d/libertas.conf'.

b)
Ensured that '/etc/modprobe.d/libertas.conf' contained only the
following line ::

              options libertas libertas_disablemesh=0

c)
Ensured that there is no "echo 0 > "/sys/class/net/eth0/lbs_mesh"
script, anywhere on the XO-1.
This also meant, that there was no '/etc/powerd/postresume.d/disable_mesh.sh'.

d)
Rebooted.

e)
Wifi icons, and mesh-icons were visible in Neighborhood-View.

f)
Upon resume-from-suspend, NO ICONS COULD BE SEEN IN NEIGHBORHOOD VIEW.

g)
Observations e) and f) were observed, _every single time_.

== USE-CASE 3 ==

a)
Ensured that there was no such file, that contained the following line ::

              options libertas libertas_disablemesh

b)
Ensured that there is no "echo 0 > "/sys/class/net/eth0/lbs_mesh"
script, anywhere on the XO-1.
This also meant, that there was no '/etc/powerd/postresume.d/disable_mesh.sh'.

c)
Rebooted.

d)
Wifi icons, and mesh-icons were visible in Neighborhood-View.

e)
Upon resume-from-suspend, wifi-icons and mesh-icons were visible in
Neighborhood-View.

f)
Observations d) and e) were observed, _every single time_.

== SUMMARY==

Barring use-case 2 (which looks a bit odd), use-cases 1 and 3 worked
perfectly as expected.
Thanks Paul for your prompt effort in generating the new kernel, with
the patch. Thanks again.

== JUST ONE LAST QUERY ==

Is the "disable-mesh-patch" the only difference between the following ::

          kernel-2.6.35.13_xo1-20120502.1603.olpc.bde819f.i586
            (kernel generated by you)
          kernel-2.6.35.13_xo1-20111005.1403.olpc.c2bd7b9.i586
            (original kernel present on XO-1)

Thanks again.
The issue stands resolved :)

The new kernel could be deployed, provided the answer to the (last,
only) query is a "yes". :)

Regards,
Ajay