[Sugar-devel] Wanting to know a bit of (NetworkManager) workflow upon resume-from-suspend

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Wed May 2 10:54:35 EDT 2012

It's worth noting that half the battle can be won by overriding the
following XO-1 specific line in OLPC OS Builder's kspost.50.xo1-tweaks.inc:

gconftool-2 --direct --config-source
xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults --type bool --set
/desktop/sugar/network/adhoc false

Setting this to "true", or letting it default to such will show the Ad-hoc
networks by default on XO-1.  It also will cause XO-1's to default to
Ad-hoc if no preferred network is found.

The mesh networks will still be there for manual use; but right now they
seem semi-broken anyway on 12.1.0 as we attempt to connect to "Mesh Network
0" and don't set a channel on the Interface.