[Sugar-devel] Patch: Mobile dongles

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Tue Mar 27 10:17:16 EDT 2012

forster at ozonline.com.au wrote:
 > Paul
 >
 > Tried this with a XO-1.75 and a XO-1.5 both running OS31
 > Tried a Huawei mobile dongle, a memory stick and a mouse
 >
 > The only case where a USB device remains powered during sleep is the mobile
 > dongle on the 1.75

huh.  okay, well, 1.75 is the first of the XO models that has the
ability to leave the USB ports powered (and i assume they all do when
the mobile dongle is used - the hardware control is all or none).  i
guess that driver is talking to the USB stack somehow to accomplish
this.

next question:  is this the right behavior?  if the dongle weren't
power cycled during resume, i guess that might be a good thing?

paul