[Sugar-devel] Gonzalo added as moderator in Trac (was: Re: Moderation on bugs.sl.o)

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 15:34:15 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Sascha Silbe <silbe at sugarlabs.org> wrote:

> Your new permissions allow you to do more than just the above (probably
> including elevating your own privileges); the general policy of the SL
> infrastructure team is to trust people not to abuse their power rather
> than impeding their work.

I'm not sure I would phrase our unwritten policy in quite that way.
We don't just blindly trust anyone, we do however place great trust in
those who have earned it by their demonstrated commitment to being
good citizens of our community or the larger FOSS community to which
we belong.  Gonzalo has certainly earned that trust.

I personally see it as being somewhat "reputation capital" based, with
reputation earned in other projects (e.g. Fedora, etc.) also being an
acceptable currency.  People who have invested in building reputation
capital will not squander it foolishly.

I have every confidence Gonzalo will "do the right thing".

Just a thought.

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator