[Sugar-devel] [somos-azucar] Harmonic Sugar distribuition

Aleksey Lim alsroot at sugarlabs.org
Fri Mar 16 09:57:31 EDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 10:42:27AM -0300, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:

> > > I don't understand this. Could you explain it a little more?
> >
> > SN is desgined to function in distributed manner (not fully distributed,
> > though).
> >
> >    http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Platform_Team/Sugar_Network/Architecture
> >

> But can/will need online central nodes to distribute content/activities
> like ASLO do today, right?

If you mean how this content will be downloaded, it will happen through
RESTful API[1]. SN client will do that to represent information on
clinet side (the activity usage workflow I described above). Besides,
it will be also useful to run regular Web application (the same client
for SN's API) on network.sugarlabs.org, so people will need only Web
browser to participate in the SN, though, they will be limited (at least
for stock web browsers) in local workflows like launching activities by
clicking on them.

> Where will the activity developers upload a new activity?

Activities (as all content on SN, there is no technical difference
between comments/articles/screenshots/etc and activity sources) can be
uploaded to any SN node, this content will be synchronized finally
to master/other-nodes. People who have online connection, will upload
sources to api.network.sugarlabs.org directly.

>From teminal, it will look like command call from sources directory:

    sweets commit -m "New release"

or from SN GUI client.

--