[Sugar-devel] [Localization] Glucose URGENT

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 17:20:36 EDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org> wrote:
> Hi Chris:
>
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 01:45:29PM -0400, Chris Leonard wrote:
>> Dear Localizers and Developers,
>>
>> The Glucose 0.95 development cycle is nearing it's completion with the
>> release of Glucose 0.96 planned by the end of March.
>>
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.96/Roadmap
>>
>> We have a number of languages that are complete and many more that are
>> in need of a little more work to finish them off.
>>
>> http://translate.sugarlabs.org/projects/glucose/
>
> While updating the Arabic translation I noticed that we now have an
> "ar_SY" translation (that is less complete that the "ar" one), and I
> think it should be removed since both are using Standard Arabic so the
> duplication will lead to inconsistent user experience (and less complete
> translation) for users running under a "ar_SY" locale than users running
> other Arabic locales.
>
> Regards,
>  Khaled

Khaled,

This project was inherited from my predecessors; however, given your
well known work in the field of Arabic FOSS  L10n and contributions to
Sugar and AbiWord RTL handling, I am inclined to take your advice.  In
the absence of a strong counter-argument, I will remove the ar-SY
variant from Pootle in the next few days.  Do you think there are any
strings present there that you will want to harvest before I remove
it?

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator