[Sugar-devel] The gtk MediaRecord stock is well added to toolbar, but not the gtk MediaPlay

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 12:56:30 EST 2012

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 12:01 PM, laurent bernabe
<laurent.bernabe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm implementing the new Sugar toolbar in my application LearningWriting. I
> haven't done any commit yet for the problem I'm facing.
>
> I wrote the line
>
> playButton = ToolButton('gtk-media-play') #(line 99)
>
> in order to add a tool button with the play icon. But the space for the
> button is allocated, and no icon is shown.
>

> Whereas, if i replace by
>
> playButton = ToolButton('gtk-media-record') #(line 99)
>
> this time I can see the gtk icon for a record button.
>
> Here is my activity code :
>
> http://pastebin.com/kH2Y00i4

It would be better if you used the standard Sugar icons for these
buttons, e.g., media-playback-start or media-record

You can view the icons in the sugar-artwork repository or here [1].

-walter

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Walter#Sugar_icons

> Regards

Walter Bender